Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to “Getting the Axe,” my blog about the murders of the Midwest Axeman. My hope is for this blog to become a place to discuss theories and ideas about the unknown serial killer who roamed the Midwestern United States between 1911 and 1912. Now some of you may be thinking to yourself “What the heck is he talking about?” For your benefit is a brief summery.

In the fall of 1911, the battered and bludgeoned bodies of six people were discovered in two adjacent houses in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Before the year was over two more families totaling eight people would be wiped out in their own homes. For those keeping count that is a total of fourteen victims, seven of those victims were children under the age of fourteen. Two more crimes would follow in the summer of 1912 culminating in the best known of the series, the murders of the Moore family and Stillinger girls in Villisca, Iowa. Only two suspects were ever put on trial for any of the crimes and controversy surrounds both. Those who study this series of crimes, and there are only a few I am aware of, have varying ideas about who, how and why these crimes occurred. I hope to look into all of these at some point.

I will be dealing only with published and verifiable facts which means some of my research will not be revealed as I'm not yet willing to reveal some of it. This should be fun so let’s keep it civil and respectful. I will post whenever I can so please be patient and as new research comes to light, I will post it here.

No comments: